After living and breathing consumer marketing and public relations for more than 10 years, I figured I should share some of my thoughts, observations and trends with you all.Watch this space for commentary on PR & marketing trends and please share your own opinions to help further the discussion.
In my work life you can find me doing PR for Microsoft at Waggener Edstrom in San Francisco, although all thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own. Ten things you should know about me, in no random order are:
1. I grew up on a farm, and hold the distinction of being inducted into the Montgomery County (Iowa) 4-H Hall of Fame.
2. While working in Chicago, I produced the Johnsonville Brat-Eating World Championship in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. We were so successful ESPN dedicated an hour-long broadcast to the event.
3. I can play four instruments: piano, trombone, tuba and euphonium.
4. I am a huge fan of the show Golden Girls and my alter ego is Rose.
5. My hometown has two media outlets: KCSI-FM and Red Oak Express and I’d worked at both of them by the time I was 18.
6. My left leg is 2 cm shorter than my right leg, requiring me to wear a lift in my shoes. This makes it problematic when I wear flip flops to the beach.
7. I’ve served as on-camera spokesperson countless times, but my most memorable was for BET backstage at the BET Awards, interviewed by rapper Lil’ John.
8. I’m obsessed with indie rock and electronic music and wouldn’t miss Coachella for anything.
9. My angel food cake won a blue ribbon at the Iowa State Fair.
10. I have an obsession with the color purple. I own watches, sunglasses, shirts, shoes, belts, underwear, hats and pants in my signature color.